CDA’s Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation System (PMES)
Background of CDA’s PMES:
CDA is a learning organization from its inception. CDA’s program concept is designing from the contextual analysis. During the year 1992, CDA is realized to setup a separate PMES section to contribute future strategic direction path of the organization development.
PMES is a vital section of CDA, which requires a continuous explore of field level contextual problems & needs analysis, change results &learnings on program intervention ®ularfeedback loop with planned & implemented activities. Overall activities of PMES are planning, monitoring, evaluation & system development. At the stage, PMES is consisting with three wingswith a group of field monitor, Information & Communication Technology (ICT) & Management Information System (MIS).
Strengthened Innovation and Quality ImplementationofCDA’s Development Program.
- To facilitate organizational process on planning, monitoring & evaluation.
- To take initiatives for developing systems on PMES
- To take initiatives for exploring the contextual problems and needs of the rural poor community.
- To collect and organize sectional intervention plan of CDA’s program.
- To capacity building of CDA’s program staff and Peoples Organization on planning and monitoring.
- To mobilize quantitative and qualitative data through MIS systems.
- To visualize and transform the quantitative and qualitative data through using Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- To take initiatives for conducting small & medium level research.
- To conduct regular program monitoring focus on outcome & impact oriented (OIO) indicators.
- To prepare different reports, case studies & fact findings etc
Stakeholders& Information users of PMES:
- Peoples Organizations and its coordination tiers.
- Local Government Officials (Sub-district & District authorities)
- Civil society organization.
- Governing Committees/Boards of the organization.
- Registration Authority (Social welfare department, NGOAB).
- Donor Organizations
- Networking organization.
- CDA website browsers in globally.
Applied Methods/Tools/instruments of PMES:
- PRA methods (Social Mapping, FGD, wellbeing analysis, pocket voting etc)
- Baseline survey questionnaires
- OIO indicator base questionnaires/checklist/matrix
- PMES guidelines
- Program Implementation Guidelines (PIGs)
- By laws of samity
- By laws of Peoples Organization (PO) and its Coordination committees; ULCC, UzLCC, DCCs, FPOs
- CDA Barta
Activities of PMES:
- Idea/Action Planning.
- Capacity building.
- System Development.
- Collecting information from CDA’s Peoples Organization.
- Facilitate to conduct baseline survey, small and medium level survey/research.
- Regular Monitoring of the program activities/inputs
- Coordination for mobilizing program related data on qualitative and quantitative perspective’s.
- Data integrate for showing bigger pictures to CDA management.
- Facilitate to conduct Mid Term Review (MTR) & Final Evaluation.
- Data base development.
- Data inputs in MIS
- Information visualize through using ICT.
Considering the present information & communication perspective of global context, CDA is need to generate systematic information for ensuring effective & efficient decision for leading to prosperity of the organization. Availability of scope, CDA decided to set up separate MIS desk under Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation System (PMES) during the year 1998 CDA’s MIS are functioning to achieve organizational program & management needs.
Currently CDA’s ICT providing training to rural youth/students through JSI-ICT training center in Mukundapur, Rampur, KaharoleUpazila, Dinajpur and maintaining organizational communication technology, inventory management, data management, management information system & all IT equipment & networking management & digitalization of organizational document etc. ICT section includes the range of hardware and software devices, computers, assistive technology, scanners, digital cameras, multimedia and databank.
Regular field monitoringby the field monitors through using of different types of prescribed tools/formats/ checklist. Field monitoring data collectionand sharing feedback aremajor responsibilitiesof PMES.
Organogram of PMES Section: